Center for Value Education
Considering the gradual erosion of moral and spiritual values in every sphere of life and activity, Dr NGP Arts and Science College, Coimbatore felt the necessity in starting a center to impart the age-old cherished ideals and values aimed at providing, what the great patriot-monk Swami Vivekananda had said, 'life-building, man-making, character-making and nation-building', education and training.
"Education without values is a dangerous instrument" so the saying goes. In the present day context where a person tends to adopt a fast busy life without any emphasis for lifestyle management, people may easily fall prey to unethical and immoral practices. This affects not only him but influences negatively people around him as well.
Our former president Abdul Kalam says rightly that educational institutes while imparting knowledge of subjects should also create a favorable environment for the maturing of a real personality of a student-which becomes possible by inspiring him to lead a life based on values and ethics. He will then become capable of taking informed decisions for choosing a path which is in harmony with divine virtues like peace, tolerance etc.
To add strength to the Vision of our Institution and to enable it to achieve its noble objectives.
To instill faith in oneself and impart nobler values of life and life-giving strength, to raise individuals to higher levels of strength and felicity with spiritual, moral, ethical and eternal values of personality development and human excellence.
Aim & Objective
- To sensitize students towards value education and professional ethics.
- To realize the inner potential of mankind, through the understanding of Indian Culture and Philosophy.
- To inculcate social ethics among the youth and public, and make them noble citizens so as to contribute to the wellbeing of the society.
- To encourage leadership qualities among the students and offer common platform to develop co-operative work culture.
- To propagate the philosophy and moral values of great personalities through spreading their doctrines.
- To introduce personality development, patriotic values, moral ethics through Certificate & Diploma courses and Higher Studies and Research.
- To spread the idea of the potential divinity of every being and how to manifest it through every action and thought.
- To stress the universal message of India of oneness, respect of diversity and immortality of soul in the words of Swami Vivekananda.
- To pursue the integrated study of philosophy and activities of great personalities in Indian as well as global reference.
- To undertake studies of different religions with an objective to spread the idea of harmony of religions.
- To treat all work as worship and service to the man as service to the God.
|1.||Mr.N.Kumar||Assistant Professor, Dept of Computer Science||Co-Ordinator|
|2.||Dr.N.Kuppuchamy||Associate Professor, Dept. of Tamil||Member|
|3.||Mrs.R.S.PadmaPriya||Assistant Professor, Dept of Computer Technology||Member|
|4.||Mr.K.G.NandhaKumar||Assistant Professor, Dept of Computer Science||Member|
|5.||Mr.R.Manoj Kumar||Assistant Professor, Dept of Computer Science||Member|
|6.||Mr.N.Krishnaraj||Assistant Professor, Dept of Tamil||Member|
|7.||Mrs.P.Dhanya||Assistant Professor, Dept of Commerce PA||Member|
|8.||Mrs.D.Malarvizhi||Assistant Professor, Dept of Commerce IT||Member|
|S.No||Date||Activity||Topic||Resource Person/Organized By|
|Academic Year 2015-2016|
|01.||12-01-2016||Special lecture on “Veeramum Vivekamum”||National Youth Day & Swami Vivekananda's Birth Anniversary||Dr.P. Suryanarayanan,
Professor of English (Retd.), Govt. Arts College, Coimbatore.
|02.||31-10-2015||Special lecture on “Vallabhbhai Patel in Indian History”||Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Birth Anniversary Celebration||Dr. P.R. Muthuswamy,
|03.||29-09-2015||Essay Writing and Pencil Sketching Competitions for College Students||To celebrate Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi||NA|
|04.||29-08-2015||State Level Literary Competitions for School and College Students||Golden Jubilee Celebrations of Ramalingar Pani Manram, Chennai.||Jointly organized with Ramalingar Pani Mandram, Chennai.|
|05.||07-08-2015||Girl volunteers of CVE participated in Coimbatore Peace Festival Celebration||Peace Festival||Shanthi Ashram
PSGR Krishnammal College for Women, Coimbatore.
|06.||09-06-2015 to 12-06-2015||Yoga Training Camp for all Dr.NGP ASC students and staff members (Teaching & Non-Teaching).||International Yoga Day 2015||Jointly organized with Isha Foundation, Coimbatore.|
|Academic Year 2014-2015|
|01.||30-03-2015||Participation in Seminar by Mr. D. Saravana Prakash, Coordinator-CVE, Dr. N. Kuppuchamy and K.G.Nandha Kumar, Members – CVE.||Seminar on "Swami Vivekananda Thoughts"||Organized by Center for Swami Vivekananda Higher Research and Studies, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore.|
|02.||18-03-2015||Personality Development Training Program was conducted for Dr.NGP ASC students||Personality and Character Building||DISHA Foundation, Bangalore.|
|03.||03-02-2015 & 04-02-2015||Participation In National conference by Mr. D. Saravana Prakash, Coordinator-CVE, Dr. N. Kuppuchamy, Member – CVE.||National Conference on "Value Initiatives In Institutions of Higher Learning - Key To Youth Empowerment”.||Organized by DISHA Foundation in association with Maharani Lakshmi Ammani College for Women, Bangalore.|
|04.||12-01-2015||Inauguration of CVE and Special Lectures||Gandhian Values||Dr. K. Kannan,
Former Dean – Students' affairs, Amrita Viswa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore.
|Vivekananda Values||Mr. Nambi Narayanan,
State organizing Secretary and Chief Editor of Swadeshi Jagaran Manch, Chennai.