Red Ribbon Club
Establishing Red Ribbon Clubs in colleges will serve many purposes: educating youth and other members in the wider community on sexuality and HIV/AIDS, development of life skills for students involved, and instilling a spirit of compassion towards people living with HIV/AIDS in our country.
To reduce the occurrence of new sexually transmitted infections (incidence), particularly HIV, among youth.
- To increase awareness on sexual reproductive health and HIV/AIDS
- To impart skills on communication, self-protection, negotiation, and effective group interaction
- To prepare youth as peer educators/agents of change by developing their skills on leadership and team building.
- To encourage blood donations
- To serve as forums for students to participate in the fight against HIV/AIDS
Co-ordinator: Mr.S.Namasivayam - Asst. Professor in Commerce(CA)
- Ms.S. Nithya - Asst. Professor of English
- Mr.B.Narasimhan - Asst. Professor in Computer Technology
- Mr. E. Kumaran - Asst. Professor of Microbiology
- Mr. M. Venkateswaran - Asst. Professor of Catering Science.
Activates in Our college
- By involving the members of Red Ribbon Club of our college, we are conducting AIDS/HIV Awareness programmes, Cultural Events and so many other activities for the benefit of our students and also for the general public in our adopted villages by inviting Doctors and AIDS affected people.
- Every year we are organizing Blood Group Identification and Test camp for our college students and also for the Government schools in and around Coimbatore.
- We organize Blood Donation Camp by involving Government Hospital Blood Bank and other Non- Governmental Organisations. On an average, we donate at least 125 units of blood every year from our volunteers.