+91 422 - 236 9253
+91 944 285 3333
Dr.N.G.P. Nagar, Kalapatti Road,
Coimbatore - 641048.
Students Rules and Regulations
- Any requisition or letter by the student to the Principal should come through the HOD or Class Advisor.
- Eve-teasers will be dismissed from the College.
- Students should refrain from participating in political or communal act.
- Students are solely responsible for their own personal belongings.
- No meeting should be held in the campus without prior permission from the Principal.
- No donation should be collected from the students by any student without prior permission from the Management.
- Two wheelers and four wheelers owned by the students should be parked at the appropriate place (Vehicles parking shed).
- Every student is expected to dress simply and modestly and observe the College dress code.
- Girls are permitted to wear either Sari or Salwar Kameez
- Sleeveless attire is not permitted
- Boys are permitted to wear properly ironed tucked-in shirt (half/full sleeve), pant with belt and black shoes with socks.
- Shirts should be buttoned properly
- T-shirts, jeans and casual wears are not allowed
- Proper hair dressing and well shaven face is mandatory
- Students should attend the assembly meeting every Friday in college Uniform
- Boys - Plain black pant & Plain white shirt
- Girls - Greenish blue saree.
- Boys - Plain pale ash colour shirt & grey colour pant
- Girls - Greenish blue printed saree.
A Photographic ID Card with Principal's Signature will be issued to the students. Students have to wear the ID Card all the time when they are in the Campus. Students should carry the ID Card at all times and they may be required to produce the ID Card for
- library access, laboratory, bank and other office operations
- admission to examination
- receiving scholarship, certificates, travel concessions etc from the office
Students who have lost their ID card may obtain the duplicate ID card on payment from the administrative office.
- Students should wear their ID card every day. ID cards should be produced anytime when demanded.
- Students are strictly prohibited to enter into other class rooms.
- Smoking, use of drugs or liquor is strictly prohibited inside the campus and violators will be dismissed with immediate effect.
- The Students shall strictly have a driving license and wear helmet (both rider and pillion passenger) when they come to the college in two wheelers.
- Students are advised not to bring valuable things like ornaments, heavy cash, electronic gadgets etc. Management is not responsible for any theft or valuables or cash inside outside the campus.
- Absolute silence should be maintained while moving from class room to laboratory/library/auditorium and also coming back to classrooms.
- Students are forbidden from writing, scribbling, painting on the walls, desks, etc.,
- Students found guilty of damaging, destroying college property shall replace the same at their own cost.
- Littering is prohibited. Students are expected to keep the campus neat and clean.
- Students found guilty of using foul language or behaving ugly towards the staff members will be expelled from the college.
- In case, any criminal case is registered against a student by the law enforcing authorities, he/she should intimate the same within 24 hours to the Principal failing which he/she is liable for disciplinary action leading to expulsion. Under Tamil Nadu Educational rules,
- The Principal is empowered to inflict the following punishments in the interest of students or the institution concerned.
- I. Fine
- II. Loss of attendance
- III. Loss of term certificate
- IV. Suspension
- V. Expulsion
- The power to take disciplinary action against an erring student is inherent with the Principal.
- Any student found violating any of the rules and regulations of the college or found disturbing the peace in the campus as well as off the campus, will be liable for suspension by the Head of the Institution, who has the right to dismiss the student without any explanation or refund of fee and other charges remitted.
- The students should adhere to the rules and regulations that may be issued from time to time.
Ragging is an offence. Ragging is strictly prohibited inside the college campus as well as outside the campus. Student involved in ragging will be dismissed from the college.
The prohibition of ragging act of the Tamil Nadu legislative assembly has received the consent of the government on 14 February 1997 and is hereby published for general information Act no. 7 of 1997 is an act to prohibit ragging in educational institutions in the state of Tamil Nadu. It was enacted by the Legislative Assembly of the State of Tamil Nadu during the Forty eighth year of the Republic of India.
In this Act unless the context otherwise requires, "ragging" means display of noisy, disorderly conduct, doing anything which causes or is likely to cause physical or psychological harm or raise apprehension or fear or shame or embarrassment to student in any educational institutions and that includes teasing, abusing or playing jokes on, or hurting the student (or) asking the student to do or perform something against their willingness.
Penalty for Ragging
Whoever directly or indirectly commits, participates in abets or propagates "ragging" within or outside any educational institutions, shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to two years and shall also be liable to a fine which may extend to ten thousand rupees.
Dismissal of Student
Any student convinced of an offence under the above section shall also be hissed from the educational institution and such student shall not be admitted in any other educational institution.
Suspension of Student
Without prejudice to the foregoing provisions, whenever any student complains of ragging to the Head of the educational institution or to any other person responsible for the Management of the educational institution shall inquire into the same immediately and if found true shall suspend the student, who has committed the offence.
The decision of the Head of the educational institution or the person responsible for the Management of the educational institution shall be final for any student who has indulged in ragging under subsection (1)
Students having a minimum of 75% attendance in the practical classes alone will be eligible to submit their record note books and appear for the Practical Examinations. Students shall be permitted to appear for the Practical Examinations only with the submission of bonafide records.
Hall Tickets will be issued to students in their respective departments, a week before the commencement of the University Examinations
During Examinations Candidates should bring the following without fail: Hall Ticket and ID Card. Those who fail to bring the above will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
Candidates may be permitted to enter the Hall till 30 minutes from the commencement of the Examination. After 30 minutes no student will be permitted to enter the Hall.
Each Department has an official Notice Board where important information relevant to the students is displayed. In addition to this there is a notice board in front of the Principal's office. Students are expected to familiarize with the location of all the official notice boards.
The use of cell phones is banned in the campus. Students are not permitted to use cell phones at any time or in any place on the college campus. Violation of this rule will result in confiscation of the phone and a fine. Confiscated phones will be returned at the end of the course on payment of a fine, and SIM card will be refunded immediately.