Youth Red Cross
Youth represent a substantial part of the membership of Red Cross for its humanitarian commitment. Young volunteers can make a significant contribution to meeting the needs of the most vulnerable people within their local communities through Red Cross youth program. This has been designed to involve young people as much as possible in the movement and its activities not only as workers and also as beneficiaries, but as partners in management. The program focuses on the following areas:
- Promote life and health through training and education on safety, primary health care and healthy living
- Encourage community service through training and education
The youth unit aims to have young people recognized by Societies leadership as equal partners who address the needs of the most vulnerable.
The Youth Red Cross of Dr. N.G.P Arts and Science College has worked over the course of academic year to bring not just a host of programmes for the students, but also ensuring that the programmes are an experience worth learning from for all the students. Our Youth Red Cross unit has been established in the year 1998 with the affiliation of Tamil Nadu Red Cross Society.
" WORK FOR PEACE; THINK FOR HUMANITY; SERVE FOR ENVIRONMENT "
- Students from Youth Red Cross have actively served in the establishment of Garden in the central prison Coimbatore.
- Through Youth Red Cross our students has donated books to library of central prison Coimbatore.
- Our students have represented our college in central prison coimbatore for several functions.
- Youth Red Cross has successfully conducted the first practical oriented AIDS awareness program- "ELISA CHALO" in our campus.
- Awareness on HIV test- ELISA has given to our students by N.Parameswari ICTC, Singanallur.
- ELISA screening was done in three batches inside our college campus.
- More than 500 students along with teaching, non- teaching staff's including house keeping were under gone the HIV- ELISA test.
- Through Youth Red Cross with the help of ICTC, Singanallur we had done the test at free of cost.
- Dr. K.Mahadevan, M.D.D.V, From CMCH has delivered a lecture on the present status on AIDS and its preventive measures to our students.
- Youth Red Cross has conducted free skin care consultation and provided medicines for over 150 students including staffs through Dr.K.Mahadevan, Reader in STD, CMCH.
Office Bearers of Youth Red Cross:
Coordinator: DR. M. Kalimuthu
- Mr.K.Mahendran- Assistant Professor in Commerce with Corporate Secretaryship
- Ms.G.Nagalakshmi - Assistant Professor in Mathematics
|Academic Year 2016-17|
|01.||28.07.16||Special Lecture on "Hepatitis"||Dr.Arulraj Ramakrishnan
Consultant Hepatplogist and Interventional Endoscopist, KMCH , Coimbatore.
|02.||15.02.17||Role of Youth in Society||Mr.D.Suresh
Deputy Superintendent of Police, Commercial Crime Investigation Wing, Coimbatore.
Assistant Commissioner of Police, Law & Order, Coimbatore East.
|Academic Year 2015-16|
|01.||21.09.15||Blood Donation Camp||Dr.Yegana Prabha
Block Medical Officer DPHC, SS Kulam.
Block Health Supervisor, GPHC, SS Kulam.
|02.||09.10.15||Road Safety Awareness Programme||Mr.G.Gansan
Highway Road Inspection Dept. Chennai.
|03.||18.12.15||Oath taking on “Aids Awareness” and Blood Donation Camp||Mr.G.V.Mohan kumar
Assistant Vice-President Cluster Head Coimbatore.
|04.||28.01.16||Online Application process for PAN Card and PASSPORT||Mr.S.Senthil Prabhu
Assistant Professor in Microbiology
|05.||12.12.16||Blood Donation Camp|
|Academic Year 2014-15|
|01.||30.10.14||Awareness Programme on Fighting Fire||Mr.R.Prabhu
Sr.Team Manager Cease fire Industries Ltd. R.S.Puram, Coimbatore.
|Academic Year 2013-14|
|01.||28.11.13||Blood Donation Camp||Lion.R.Thangapazham
Second Vice District Governor
|02.||06.01.14||Blood Donation Camp||Association with
CMC & Lions Club of Coimbatore - Elite
|03.||20.02.14||Blood Donation Camp||Lion.K.Kumaraswamy
Zone Chair Person Dist.324-B5-LCI